Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Novel #2- complete!!

This weekend I FINALLY finished the first, crappy draft of the WIP!  Or, I suppose I can start using the working title, which right now is still After the Dream (I have another title in mind, too, but we'll deal with that later).  So anyway, yes!  Just about 10 months after I first started writing it and almost 76,000 words later, it's done!!  HOORAY!

And now, revisions.  Oy.

Part of me is excited to start revising, because I honestly think I can make this a GOOD story.  It's got good bones right now, just needs to be whipped into shape.  So I'm trying to wrap my head around what the best way to start revising is.  Print out a copy and start applying the red ink everywhere?  Revise as I read it on the computer?  Work on an outline of things I know off the top of my head I need to go back and change?  Hmm.  I suppose there's no set way to go about it, I'll just have to dive in and see what works best.  Starting with the beginning, which I hate...

However, I'm pretty psyched about the ending, you guys.  I'm not gonna lie, I left it sorta "open".  Not necessarily for a sequel, just for the reader to interpret what they want from it.  Mwuah hahahaha.

*insert pic of me doing a happy dance here*

In other random news:

I sort of gave up on my query for now.  I like where I've gotten it, but it still needs to be cleaned up.  At this point, I think I'll wait to continue with it til my revisions are done.  It's not like I'll be submitting it anytime soon anyway.

I'm off to see the Black Keys tonight!  I have a feeling it's going to be an awesome show!

Also?  It's been eerily warm, like HOT, here in Cleveland for the past week or so.  It's like we're skipping spring and heading straight for summer...which is interesting, because last year it just stayed winter til about mid-May.  Ah, Cleveland weather.

Today IS the first day of Spring though, so with that, Happy Spring everyone!  Here's to new beginnings (literally!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment