Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Oh So Quiet...

Hmm.  Perhaps I'll just starting using song titles for all my blog posts...now I totally have that Bjork song in my head...

Anyway, I feel like I've been on the quiet side lately, social media-wise and all.  Hardly any blogs, tweets or status updates...I don't know.  I'm just not feeling it right now.  Sometimes the world doesn't need to know your every thought and move, right? 

Well, plus I also just haven't done anything worth posting about.  So there's that.  Borrrrrr-ring.

I did manage to get through a few pages of revisions last week.  I hated the beginning of the story- way too much background info right up front- so I cut a ton of stuff out and now need to figure out where to move it to within the bulk of the story.  I know I also need to develop a couple characters a lot further- one of them being Anna, the ghost, who I added in my first revision.  The other is Max, a secondary character who needs to play more of a role due to how I decided to end the story.  So that'll take some work.  And when I start, I know I'm going to want a few good solid hours to devote to it.  I have a mini-spring break coming up next week, so hopefully I'll pound out several chapters' worth of revisions then.

For now, back to the quiet.  Sometimes, I think you can hear a lot more when you just sit and listen to the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment