Friday, March 23, 2012

Girls, Girls, Girls

Is that Motley Crue song stuck in your head now?  Heh.  Yea...it's totally in mine.

Anyway, so I've been looking forward to this weekend for a while now, as it is jam-packed with some quality time with like, all of my favorite girls!  It actually started last night, with our normal Thursday Vampire Diaries night (and holy hell, what an episode!  Hello, shirtless Damon?!  For like a quarter of the episode!), and continues tonight with the same group of girls (but including Karyn! Hooray!!) as we all traipse to the movie theater to see The Hunger Games.  I have been looking forward to this movie forever, you guys.  I read the books about a year ago, and kept meaning to reread the first one before the movie came out, but you know, my to-read pile just keeps growing...regardless, I LOVED the series and I can't wait to see how they adapt it to the screen.  I just hope the rowdy teenagers in the audience don't make me go all Katniss on them myself... 

Then tomorrow night I head to the east side to hang out with girls I have known for practically my whole life.  For reals.  I've been friends with Michele, Michelle, Kelly, Kristen, Holly and Nikki since high school- or even junior high.  Michele is the big winner, because we became friends in fifth grade.  Um, so that's...25 years???  Holy crap.  A quarter of a century!  When did I get so old??  So anyway, I may not get to see all of them very often (insert sad face), but when we do get together we always pick right up where we left off.  I expect many, many laughs tomorrow.

Happy Friday everyone!  And, in honor of the Hunger Games - "May the odds be ever in your favor."

No comments:

Post a Comment