Thursday, January 5, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Why Thursdays Rule

Today’s edition of Three Things Thursday include three things I love about, well, Thursdays.

Last fall, my good friend Karyn (also one of my readers, lucky her, getting read draft after crappy draft of my WIP) and I agreed that our obsession over The Vampire Diaries needed to be shared more thoroughly.  Hence, “Thursday Girly Night” was born.  At first, it was just the two of us.  We’d grab dinner somewhere, or order in, then settle in and watch our show, squeeing happily to each other at each glimpse of a shirtless Salvatore.
I can’t remember the exact order of how the others joined in, but just a couple months later our friends Debbie (another lucky beta reader of mine), Patti, Kerri and Gail began sharing in the fun too.  Debbie and Patti were already fans of the show, and at first Kerri and Gail only came to drink wine and hang out, but they quickly jumped on the bandwagon when they realized the awesomeness of the show.  Which took maybe two or three episodes.

So now, a full year later, I can’t imagine not getting together with these girls on Thursday nights.  It’s become such a part of my routine that I wouldn’t know what to do with myself on Thursdays if we didn’t get together.  Seriously. 
My 3 favorite things about Thursday nights are:

1) The girls.  Those five girls are a few of my very favorite people in the world.  Every week I look forward to seeing them and hearing about their week, to laughing til my gut hurts and letting off steam about whatever might be bothering me at that moment.  I know they’re there to listen without judgment.  And vice versa, of course.  And that, my friends, is probably better than any therapy I could pay for.
2) The show. I don’t need to go into a long, drawn out explanation of why we like the show.  Sure, it’s got everything a girl could want: excitement, drama, adventure, romance…but mostly it’s got THEM:


3) The food and the wine.  Every week our dinners switch up.  We do go the Chinese or pizza route from time to time, but more often someone cooks a main dish and everyone else contributes the sides & desserts.  We’ve had everything from meatloaf and mashed potatoes to baked ziti to taco night to breakfast for dinner.  And everything in between.  It’s the only night of the week I eat dessert too, and not gonna lie, sometimes I look forward to that as much as the dinner.  And the wine, of course.  There’s always lots and lots of wine.

Seriously, what’s not to love about these nights??  I hope we continue them for as long as we possibly can.  One can never get enough girl time, hot boys, and food & wine, right?
Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment