Monday, January 30, 2012

Moving along

First off, I know I've been neglecting my Thursday posts...and that's honestly because I haven't had any time to think about Three Things, let alone have time to write something.  I'm hopeful that will change now though!  Last week I was in Chicago on Thursday for a big pitch with a potential client, so between the meeting and traveling, blogging just wasn't gonna happen.

I thought writing just wasn't gonna happen last week either, but thankfully, I had some time yesterday to sit and plug away.

Total Words Written: 1,937
Total Hours Spent Writing: 2 hours
Total Word Count Overall: 65,587

Hey, almost two thousand words in just two hours isn't half bad!  I wasn't around at all last week during the weeknights, so I was really glad I had Sunday to get back to it. 

I'm starting to realize that I really do need to wrap up this story...in only about 15,000 more words.  I mean, if I go over 80k it's not a big deal, but I don't see that being an issue anyway. I'm in the final stretch for the most part.  Which is crazy!  If I can stick to the 3k words/week goal, I'll be done in just about a month.  WOW.  When did I start writing this story?  Does anyone remember?  I suppose I could go back through my blog archives and find out...I wanna say it was late summer?  Hmmm. I should probably pay attention to how long it takes me to write a whole novel- including the revision process...

I already have an idea for another one, too, and would still like to go back to IMME someday and clean it up some more. I still think it has potential. But first things first.  Let's finish up After the Dream and see what happens...still plenty of revising to do, too.

Anyway.  I'll stop babbling now.  Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment