Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My 2012 Reading/Writing Goals

Happy New Year, kids!  I can't believe how fast 2011 came and went...along with my goals for the year.  Yikes.  So, remember when I thought I'd have my WIP done before the holidays? And how I hoped to get some bites on In My Mind's Eye?  Yea, well.  Hmph.

But a full, new, bright and shiny year looms ahead!  And I'm super excited to embrace it and get moving on my goals.  That's right- goals, not resolutions.  I guess they're sort of the same thing, but "goals" just sounds more motivating to me.  Probably because I don't think I've ever actually kept a resolution.  Like, ever.

That being said, I recently entered the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge.  I made my goal for the year 75 books- that's like a book & a half a week, so it should be no problem for me.  Granted, last year I only read about 40, but I have higher expectations for 2012.  I also have TON of good books I want to read.  Like, a TON.  A whole stack of books at home, and well over 200 on my to-read list.  So I'm ready!!!  BRING IT.

As far as my writing goals, well, we all know the ultimate goal is to nab an agent and get published.  The WIP is starting to come along again- over my holiday break I was able to get down around 3000 words.  I'm keeping my weekly word count goal the same as last year- well, the same as it was before I got completely sidetracked by revisions and the holidays- which is 3000.  Now that we're entering the long, cold days of winter I should have plenty of time to sit on my ass and write.  If I can maintain the 3000 words per week goal, I should have it finished (or at around 80,000 words) by mid-March.  That seems pretty doable.

Here's to a new year full of endless possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment