Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm back!

That's right, my word count goal was totally met last week, and I intend on doing it all over again this week!

Total Words Written: 3,171
Total Hours Spent Writing: 4ish
Total Word Count Overall: 58,333

It's been a long time since I actually posted something positive about my word count.  It feels good, not gonna lie.  Every time I sat down to write last week, which was three times, I wrote in a frenzy, words just pouring out.  I was at an exciting part of the story, the part where swoony times abound, the characters are starting to figure the whole mystery out, and drama unfolds.  Dun dun DUN! 

Also?  I'm almost at 60,000 words!  What the whaaaat?  When did that happen?  This means I'm officially in the home stretch.  I'm officially writing the last 1/4th of this novel- providing I stick with my goal of around 80,000 words.  I have a sneaky feeling this one might stretch out just a little bit longer than 80k, though.  And that's okay.  Revising is going to be somewhat of a beast...but I'm actually sort of looking forward to it anyway.  Is it weird that I want to reread my own book for pleasure first??  Hmph.

As I mentioned, I'm hoping to keep up the pace this week, maybe push myself a little further, even.  We shall see how it goes.  I'm on a crapload of medications right now for all my crazy sinus issues and I feel a bit like I have the flu...it's just from all the drugs, though.  This happened last time, too.  I'm just incredibly achy and tired.  But hey, all I have to move are my fingers, so I'm pretty sure I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment