Monday, January 23, 2012

and it's off

Last night I sent off the latest version of the WIP (now tentatively titled After the Dream, although it's hard for me to get used to calling it that!) through chapter 27 to some of my readers, so I'll be sitting here this week anxiously awaiting their thoughts. It's getting there...and it seems weird that over the next month or so I'll be wrapping it up.  Whatever will I do with myself??  Well, besides revisions, of course...and then starting the dreaded query process all over again...

Anyway.  Stats for the week:

Total Words Written: 2,208
Total Hours Spent Writing: 2.5 hours
Total Word Count Overall: 63,637

Meh, I know, I didn't hit 3K this week.  I only sat down to write two days though, so over 2k is still pretty impressive.  This week, things are probably going to be even bleaker.  I have plans tonight and tomorrow night, and then Wednesday and Thursday I'll be in Chicago for work, Friday I might have the girls over...sooo we're looking at Saturday and Sunday for writing time. If I can squeeze in an hour both days, which I should, really, then I'll be okay and should be able to manage around 2k again.

In other news, I just finished reading an AMAZING book this weekend- The Fault in our Stars by John Green.  Seriously, you guys, I cannot get this book out of my head.  I've never cried so much over a book- not even my beloved Jellicoe Road.  But it wasn't all depressing and sad, there were happy moments and parts that made me laugh out loud, and a day later, I am still completely in love with the characters, especially Augustus.  Do yourself a favor and read this book.  Like, NOW.  GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment