Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy September!

Ah, my favorite time of the year is just ahead...hoodies, apple cider, gorgeous colors...I love fall! Today already feels extremely autumn-like, with the gloomy skies and the slight chill in the air. I would much rather be all cozied up at home with my coffee and my laptop, but alas, duty calls.

A glorious 5 day weekend came and went, but at least I got a TON of writing done! And I do mean a ton, especially after I had that slump the week before.

Total Words Written: 4,972
Total Hours Spent Writing: 6.5
Total Word Count Overall: 28,743

Do you see that?? I almost wrote 5,000 words! YAY ME. Ah, if only I had a day or two off every week. Imagine how productive I would be!

So I'm getting closer to the halfway point- my total word count goal will once again be 70-80k, just like with IMME. Where I'm at now feels like halfway, too. I wrote a bit of a turning point last week, and I'm still just as excited to keep going. Everything about this story feels like it's flowing better. I'm sure there will be plenty to clean up in revisions, but overall I'm still feeling really good about it.

As far as IMME...I still haven't sent out any more queries. I know, I know...I should keep plugging away with it. I know it's got potential. I just think my WIP has a lot more. I'm too excited about the new one these days or something.

Anyway, being that it's already Tuesday (!) and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write yet this week (I was a complete and utter waste of space yesterday, which I'm feeling slightly guilty about. I had a little too much fun at a friend's party on Sunday and couldn't do much of anything other than eat greasy food and lay on the couch like a lump), I better keep my goal on the lower side this week. I'm going with 2k, and I'm not even totally sure I'll hit that, quite honestly. I'll just have to hope for a very productive Sunday! But at least I got a bit ahead last week. I feel really, really good about that! Maybe next week I'll give my readers another look at it, too.

Happy Fall!!

2 comments:

  1. hooray! i think i need an updated version sent to me. possible? love you! can't wait to finally see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know...are you ever going to actually give me any feedback? ;o)

    ReplyDelete