Monday, September 26, 2011

fast and furious

No, I'm not talking about that silly car movie- I'm referring to my writing habits last week!!

Total Words Written: 5,043
Total Hours Spent Writing: 6
Total Word Count Overall: 41,393

That's right, over 5,000 words were pounded out over a 6 hour span. That's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. I mean, considering I wasn't writing for 6 hours straight, but an hour or two here and there. If I had a 6 hour span of time to write NONSTOP...man, I would get SO MUCH done. Sigh. But anyway, I never even set a goal for myself last week (I don't think- did I?). It's sort of become unnecessary. Now that I'm making sure to set aside an hour or two here and there when I have free time, I'm not so worried about meeting any specific word count goal anymore. Looks like my average is right around 3k anyway, with some weeks a little less and some a little more.

That said, this week ahead is a crazy one. But I've said that before and still managed to set aside some time to write, so hopefully this week won't be any different. I've got my workout tonight, tomorrow Dan and I are going to go shopping for floor tiles for our basement, Wednesday is happy hour for Barra's birthday, Thursday is TVD night as per yoosh, Friday we're getting a new couch delivered in the midst of cleaning up the laundry room for the mentioned floor tiles, Saturday my parents are coming over to help with redoing the laundry room, and Sunday I'm going to the Browns game. Whew. I'm a little tired just thinking about all that. I will do my best to cram in at least a couple hours to write the WIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment