Monday, September 12, 2011

Stayin' on it

Maybe I'm underestimating my own abilities these days. My word count goal last week was 2000, right? Well, after spending only two days writing last week, my results are:

Total Words Written: 3,678
Total Hours Spent Writing: 4.5
Total Word Count Overall: 32,575

I know, right? I came close to doubling my original goal! What can I say? I'm really on a roll with this one. I'm so much more focused and organized than I was when I was writing IMME. I never kept track of my word counts with that one, I just wrote and wrote. And I definitely wasn't as strict with allowing myself a couple days a week to write no matter what. I wrote whenever the mood struck, really...which is probably why it took me well over a year to finish it. I really hope to stay on track with this one, and hopefully finish the first draft by the end of the year.

I did allow myself a very lazy Saturday night this weekend, though. I hadn't been sleeping well last week- this just happens to me from time to time- and I did the Race for the Cure on Saturday morning, walking 3.1 miles in just over an hour. By Saturday afternoon I couldn't remember my name or how to boil water. So, since the husband was out with his friends for the night, I sat on the couch and watched a lame Zac Efron movie (I'm sorry, that boy is PRETTY) and vegged, dozing off around 10:30. Yeah. Don't be jealous of my rockstar lifestyle. The thought to do some writing did cross my mind. I even went as far as to bring my laptop up from the basement, but I never even turned it on. Sometimes I just need nights like that though, to sit and not think about anything. And stare at a pretty boy. I made up for it on Sunday, at least.

Anyway, so I'm sending out the latest draft to my readers today, and I'm already super antsy to hear what they think about where the story is going. It's doubled in length since they last read it, so time to make sure I'm really still on the right track with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment