Monday, November 28, 2011

little by little

I don't have too much to say today about my writing.  I'm starting, slowly but surely, to get back on track wordcount-wise, but starting to admit to myself that the possibility of finishing this book by Christmas just isn't going to happen.  I know the revisions helped the story and were absolutely necessary, but they completely wrecked my timeline.  Which, in the long run, is really okay.  I'm doing this for myself, after all.  Because this is MY dream.  And if it takes a little longer to get there, well, it'll be worth it no matter what.  I just know with the holidays coming up my schedule is about to go batshit crazy, and I'll be lucky to squeeze in one day a week to write.  It's a terrible excuse, but it is what it is.  And I hate that saying, too.

I spent a couple hours on Black Friday not shopping, but writing.  I don't have an actual wordcount total for the week, but I'm assuming it was around 1500 words.  When I last left off to start revisions, I was just over 48,000 total words.  Now I'm over 51,000 after all the new stuff I added.  Next week I'll have a real total...time to start holding myself accountable again!  I still hope to get to around 3000 words per week, but again if I'm thinking of completing the entire book by Christmas...I'd have to write close to 7500 words per week.  Um.  Yea.  Probably not happening.

In other news, please send some happy thoughts for my kitty today.  I'm taking him to the vet this afternoon because he's not eating very well and this morning was hiding under the bed, which is always where he goes when he's feeling sick.  I'm sure it has to do with his IBD, but it doesn't make me feel any better to know this.  So far there hasn't been a real "cure" for it, and even though he's been on a steroid for months now he hasn't gained any weight.  I'd like to see him make it to ten years old next summer...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment