Monday, November 7, 2011

Ready to move on...well, almost

In writing news, thanks to a day off and a pretty low key weekend, I was able to get a bunch of revisions done over the past few days.  It's funny how I'll hit a chapter and be like, oh this one will be easy, there's not much to change here...and then I inevitably realize there are a LOT of things to change.  And at this point I'm not even going through and really cleaning up paragraphs and tightening things up, I'm just making the necessary changes to keep the story moving in the new direction.  But regardless, I am hoping to have all those nasty changes made by this coming weekend. I think I only have about 12k more words til I'm where I left off.  And then, my friends, I will be putting myself back on my weekly word count goal of 3000 words per week.

In life news, I just got back from the hospital where I had a CT scan done on my face.  Ok, well, my nasal cavities, if you want to get specific- it's just easier to say my face.  This past year I've been stricken with at least 3 sinus infections, maybe 4, and for someone who up until 3 years ago NEVER had a sinus infection in her whole life, this is pretty odd.  So my ENT doctor ordered the CT scan to see what else might be going on, besides the fact that I have a slightly crooked right nasal passage.  Now we just wait for the results.  And I hope they find something, cuz I seriously cannot keep going on antibiotics every couple months!  It would just be nice to, you know, breathe normally.

In other writing news, November is actually National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short. Basically the idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days.  If I wasn't already over halfway into my WIP, I totally would've joined this.  But since the WIP is already over 48,000 words, I think I would've been cheating a little bit.  Haha.  And I definitely couldn't handle starting a new project while trying to continue working on this one...and this one is too important to stop working on right now.  Definitely something to think about though for next year...I do enjoy a good challenge!

1 comment:

  1. i haven't had a lot of time to work on your WIP, but every chance I get, i'm reading it! and making notes in the margin! i like the new beginning so far. i'll send you what i've got when i'm done with the last of what you've given me! hopefully before thanksgiving! (so we can chat!)

    ReplyDelete