Thursday, November 17, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Welcome to a new weekly (hopefully) segment on my blog aptly called Three Things Thursday, in which I will discuss three random things at, um, random.  I was originally going to do a post on Friday called Five Things Friday, but I was afraid five things might be hard to come up with every week.  Sometimes my creative juices just aren't a-flowin', especially on a Friday morning after a Thursday night with all the girls. Plus, doesn't Three Things Thursday have a nicer ring to it?

Without further ado:

1. I get goose bumps when I sneeze.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Because every sneeze, every time, I bust out in those little bumps all over.  They go away quickly, but weird, right??  I wonder if that's something I could google to see if there's a physiological explanation for it...

2. Many people know this, but I have the weirdest allergies.  My throat gets super itchy when I eat certain nuts (peanuts & cashews are ok, thank god) and fruits- apples make my lips puffy and itchy, pineapple makes the palms of my hands itch.  I know nut allergies aren't uncommon, but the fact that it's seemingly random nuts (heh) that do it for me make it odd.  Doesn't it?  Also, I have a hard time peeling potatoes.  For some reason when I do this, I either get all wheezy and have a hard time breathing or I sneeze uncontrollably for about an hour after finishing.  Since I'm always in charge of mashed potatoes for family dinners, this causes a bit of an issue.  And I LOVE mashed potatoes, but rarely make them just for myself and Dan for this reason.  Also, I tend to break out in hives for absolutely no reason at all- at least no reason I've been able to pinpoint for sure.

3. In two weeks, I am getting bangs cut for the first time in 4 years.  Like real, honest-to-god thick bangs.  I may regret this, but I am posting it here so that I cannot wuss out.  I mean, it's only hair, right?  It grows back.  And that's why God invented bobby pins and hair clips, right? 

There ya have it!  Tune in next week when I discuss three more completely random things you probably don't give a hoot about anyway.  ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment