Thursday, December 1, 2011

Three Things Thursday

I'm gonna be honest-  I'm feeling a bit stressed out this week.  So, this is going to be a quick little post just to get some of the things weighing on my mind out into the open.  Perhaps if I share them the stress will magically ease up a bit?  Worth a shot, no?

1) I went to my ear, nose & throat doctor yesterday and found out that basically, my sinuses are JACKED UP.  Yes, so JACKED UP that all caps are acceptable.  The main bullet point is that my sinus cavities in my face are so swelled up that I'm getting barely any air flowing through my head.  So, the good news is you cannot call me an airhead.  Bah.  The bad news is I have to go on like 5 different medications and get an allergy test done, all so the doctor can try to pinpoint why the heck I'm like this.  And I am not looking forward to being on meds for the next month, OR getting the allergy test done, cuz I have heard those are not so fun.  But I suppose it will be good to know once and for all what I'm allergic to.

2) My skinny little cat that I've had for nine years is not doing so well.  To make a long story short, he's not eating well, lost a lot of weight and has been sort of lethargic and anti-social, which is so not like him.  The vet charged me $300 to run a bunch of tests that all came back negative, and the next step is to get an ultrasound done to check for cancer.  The ultrasound is $350.  Which I just do not have right now.  And then, if it comes back that it's cancer, I can't afford the treatments regardless.  So yea.  Kind of a lose-lose situation.  I'm just hoping he perks up over the next week with his new meds and stuff.

3) Lastly, the ongoing struggle between working a regular job, having a social life, and finding time to write. I'm aching to write.  I have all these new ideas I'm dying to get down, but the problem is (and I think I've mentioned this before) that I'm not one of those writers who can turn on their lap top, write for an hour, and shut it down contentedly.  I need at least 2 hours to really get going.  And this entire week, I haven't sat down to relax until after 8 pm.  If I start writing then I'll be up til midnight, and then I'll be a super cranky girl at work.  I'm SO looking forward to my week off over the holidays!  I'll have so much time in between watching bad daytime TV and napping to really crank out some high word counts.  Can't.  Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment