Monday, December 5, 2011

It's official. I suck.

Yep.  Wordcount total this week: 0

That's a big, fat goose egg,  y'all.  I wish I had some sort of excuse other than I just wasn't feeling it last week but...I just wasn't feeling it last week.  But it was a CRAZY week, too.  I guess that's an excuse.  Monday I dealt with a sick kitty at the vet for hours, Tuesday had a going-away dinner for a friend, Wednesday got my hair did, Thursday was the normal Thursday with the girls, Friday took my cousin to dinner, Saturday was at the wineries on the east side all day...by the time Sunday rolled around all I wanted to do was stare blankly at the TV.  And I didn't even get to do that for more than a couple hours.  I was too busy cleaning poo off every surface in the house (see: sick kitty above), doing roughly a hundred loads of laundry (due to sick kitty), ironing 57 pairs of pants that had been sitting in a wrinkled pile for over a month, making dinner, and finally, organizing my Christmas list by person and store, and then purchasing a few things online as well.  I swear I didn't stop and relax from the entire week until 8 pm last night.

I keep reading these blogs and articles that are all about "making time for your writing every single day".  In a perfect world, I would, in fact, write every single day.  I wish to god I could write every single day. But it's not a perfect world, and, well, I also enjoy sleeping.  Which I did not do very much of last week, again due to sick kitty and other random crap on my mind.

Here's to hoping that things calm down and I finally make some progress this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment