Thursday, April 21, 2011

and now...

...I wait.

And try not to compulsively check my Gmail account every five minutes. Right.

I sent out five submissions this morning. My hands were literally shaking as I typed out the first email, checking and doublechecking to make sure I was sending everything the agent asked for. I was paying so much attention to the information I was sending that I actually forgot to end it with my name and contact info.

Whoops. Guess I can probably cross that agent off my list. And that sucks, cuz she was one of my favorites. I did immediately resend it with all the info, but pretty sure the damage had been done. Frowny face.

But, there are plenty of other agents left on my list, and tons more out there that I still haven't even researched and added to it. I really do want to wait to see what kind of responses I get before I send any more, but I have a feeling I might send like three more after this weekend just to get a few more out there.

A shout out to my new followers- thanks for clicking that "follow" button! If you're reading this and still haven't clicked it, please do so! It only takes a second and I promise you won't get any crazy spam or anything.

Today's Thing That Makes Me Happy:

It's Thursday, I'm not at work, I'm surrounded by cats on the couch right now, and later it's TVD time at Karyn's. Life doesn't get much better!

9 comments:

  1. oops...just realized i never did "follow"! and now i am... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait to start referring to you as "my writer friend!" Keep the faith and hold on to the dream. We're all pulling for you. See you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are making me all teary! Thank you, thank you for all the support!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud and excited for you!! We will toast to you tonight!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really exciting! I can't wait for the post that tells us where your book signings are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We need to do a shot together tomorrow night in lieu of this! I believe in you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete