Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 things that make me happy

When I was in high school, my friends Holly, Katie and I all got each other a book for Christmas (I think it was for Christmas, anyway- my memory is not so great) called 14,000 Things to be Happy About. It basically just listed a whole slew of things to, well, be happy about, like ice cream sundaes or striped socks. Silly little things like that. We would flip it to random pages and read it aloud, and it always made us laugh. I still have that book on my bookshelf today.

I've been feeling pretty good about my life lately, and since I'm sort of at another standstill with IMME(tomorrow I'll be having a pow wow with Debbie and Karyn to try to cut some stuff out of my synopsis, and then I'll be ready to start submitting-EEEEKK!), I thought I'd compile a list of things that put a little smile on my face. So without further ado:

10 THINGS THAT MAKE JOSIE HAPPY:

1. Taking my beautiful wedding ring out of the ring box my dad made me and slipping it on my finger every morning
2. Making Dan laugh- I love the sound of his laugh more than anything, I think
3. A hot cup of green tea at night (yes, I might be 92 years old)
4. Thursday night girly/food/wine/vampire nights
5. Ollie curled up in my lap, purring his rattley purr
6. Having a huge stack of books to-be-read- and on that same note, picking out the next one to start reading
7. Sleeping with the windows open - only another month or so til we can do this, hopefully!!
8. Macaroni & cheese (ok, I might be 6)
9. "Conversing" with Stewie
10. Days off work to look forward to

I could probably go on and on- although a lot of them would have to do with either food or books.

What sorts of things put a smile on your face?

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

  1. i love the striped socks!
    shopping and actually finding "loves"
    i agree with the wedding ring slipping on
    kisses before bed
    seeing a movie i haven't seen yet...especially when it turns out to be good!
    dining out. i love new restaurants!
    sushi
    drinking when EVERYONE feels like drinking and being tipsy!
    lazy all day movie/tlc show days :o)
    anything to look forward to
    sleeping in
    coming home to kitties happy to see me
    "REAL" snail mail...not just the junk or bills

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those things make me happy, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete