Friday, October 29, 2010

Let the Revisions Begin!

OMG. My first draft is DONE. COMPLETE. FINISHED. What a bittersweet feeling, for reals.

I can't believe how close I actually ended up to my original word count goal. As of right now, before I rework the beginning and do the other 972 revisions that will undoubtably be needed, I am at 376 double-spaced pages set in Courier New font, and a total of 79,630 words. My goal was 80,000 words sooo...yea, scarily close.

I know it needs work. I know it. And I can't wait to redo the beginning and let my "editors" take it from there after that's fixed. Of course, I'll be starting the revision process myself on the rest of it, but I'm so very curious to get feedback on it. I've been thinking about posting my query letter here too, and get some feedback on that from, well, whoever wants to give it. My next goal is to start querying process in January 2011. Let's start the new year off with a book deal, right? RIGHT?

So, it's Friday night, I'm sitting on the couch with a cat curled up next to me, catching up on Days of our Lives (oh, how I giggle at this show) until it's time for the season premiere of What Not to Wear. Since I've been battling a sore throat all week, I'm being lame tonight in order to try to rest up for the big Halloween bash tomorrow night. Ok really, I enjoy a lame Friday night here and there. Have I mentioned I'm old?

OH- and before I go, I just wanted to share my new favorite website in the WHOLE FREAKING WORLD. The girls that write for this site are nothing short of pure comedic genuises. If you're a fan of the young adult book/tv world, you MUST CHECK THIS OUT. Now, right now! Even if you're not, just read some of their reviews- they'll make you want to go out and buy all these books ASAP. My Goodreads list is out of control thanks to them. I promise if nothing else, the hilarious recaps of Sweet Valley High will have you spitting out whatever food or drink you might be consuming.

Forever Young Adult

Happy Friday & Halloween! Hope everyone has a spooktacular weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment