Monday, October 11, 2010

birthday week!

This coming Sunday, I will officially turn 34 years old. Good lord, how did that happen? It's strange, because some days I still don't feel like an official "adult". Even though I'm finally married, own my own home, etc...maybe it's because we don't have kids?? Or is it because some days I just want to revel in being irresponsible and lazy? Maybe because I'm finally just now starting to realize my dream of wanting to write for a living?? Who knows. All I do know is that sometimes I still get carded for buying wine, so at least some people look at me and think I'm younger than I am. I'll take it.

Other days though, I feel like I'm about to turn 74, not 34. My knee has been giving out on me lately, probably from starting up ballet again at my old age. So that's fun. It takes me 3 days to recover from a fun weekend (I'm still dragging from going to the Browns game yesterday and will most likely be in bed again by 9 pm tonight- yes I said again).

But regardless, a fun week lies ahead! Tomorrow Debbie and I are going down to Columbus to see Muse- it's actually an anniversary gift from Dan, not a birthday gift, but since it's my birthday week I'm claiming it as part of the festivities anyway. I am so, so psyched for this show, you guys. I won't be able to talk for days (which some might say is a good thing- to them I say, shuddy). Wednesday is dinner out with Dan and my awesome mom in law. Friday is lunch at Red Robin for my free birthday burger! Woooot. That night I'm staying in to make food for the weekend, cuz Saturday we're hitting the wineries out on the eastside and Sunday is the big family September/October birthday extravaganza at my brother's. I always look forward to our winery trips, and at this time of year it's going to be gorgeous out there! And then I'm hoping next Monday to go to dinner with Dan at D'Agnese's, this delicious Italian place by us. So, a nice week's worth of fun! As it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment