Monday, January 17, 2011

Writer's Conference

The other weekend I was at my parents' house talking books with one of my mom's good friends. We got on the subject of the awesomeness of young adult books, and I happened to mention to her that I just finished writing one myself. She seemed pretty impressed (which made me feel pretty good, I have to admit) and wished me the best of luck in my writing endeavors.

Then last week she sent me a brochure about a writer's conference at Lakeland Community College this spring. I read the flyer over completely and I'm pretty intrigued. I'm just kinda going back and forth over whether or not it's really, truly worth the $75 admission fee. Some of the courses wouldn't apply to me, but the chance to sit down with a real editor and go over some of my manuscript could be really beneficial (no offense to those reading it and offering notes right now, of course- I appreciate you guys soooo much!). However, it's not until the end of March and I really hoped to already be well into the query process by then.

Has anyone ever been to something like this before? If so, was it helpful? What do you guys think I should do??

No comments:

Post a Comment