Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Running Envy

I'm not going to lie: I'm totally jealous of people who can easily run a few miles.  If you're one of those people I see effortlessly jogging along down the street, barely sweating or breathing heavily, I sort of hate you.

I don't know why I decided to put myself through the torture of attempting to run again.  While I've, ahem, "let myself go" a bit these past few months, I still consider myself in fairly decent physical shape.  However, nothing makes me doubt that more than when I hit the treadmill or the neighborhood streets for my walking/running intervals.  I keep up a brisk walking pace without an issue, but when the voice in my ears prompts "RUN NOW" (I'm using the Couch to 5K program as a guide for now, but I'm stuck on week 2), I want to pass out and die after roughly 30 seconds.  Seriously, why??  What is it about running that kills me??

Granted, I'm only getting out there about twice a week at best right now, but still, after about a month of this I would've thought I'd be getting better at it.  Not. So. Much.  Maybe I should just stick to spinning or pilates.  Sigh.

Anyway, in writing news, I did manage to pound out a few revisions this past weekend, so I'm on my way.  Revisions are the worst though, truly.  I never feel completely DONE.  Like, there's always a way to go back and make it even better.

I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who take a few minutes to read my ramblings.  It's always the best feeling in the world when someone tells me they've read something I wrote and enjoyed it.  The BEST feeling.  So, thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment