Tuesday, April 24, 2012

life gets in the way...

Life is getting in the way of my revisions.  Like, for reals.  Lately, by the time I sit down at night all I want to do is turn my brain OFF.  Cranking up the lap top and being creative for an hour or two just hasn't been at the top of my list.  And that, my friends, sucks big time.  And it needs to change.  I am truly excited to get it done, get it to my readers, and await their revisions and comments.  So why the procrastination?

My theory is that I'm way more proud of this novel than my first one- and I was hella proud of that one.  Just being able to say I FINISHED IT was amazing.  I mean, I wrote a book.  One of my lifelong goals was complete.  Well, minus the whole getting-it-published thing.  But with this one...this one I feel personally attached to.  I've spend the past year and a half reading virtually nothing by YA novels and learning, learning, learning from them.  I've absorbed so much from my favorite authors and want more than anything to be a part of their community.  So this time, I'm afraid the rejections that will inevitably come pouring in will sting a lot more. 

So, perhaps somewhat unconsciously, I'm putting off finishing it?  Totally possible, I guess.

Anyway, I'm just under 100 pages into revisions, which means I'm halfway done.  I'm hoping the second half goes a bit faster than the first, but I also know there's a lot to be cleaned up and added in that second half.

Sorry about the lack of blogging lately, too...I'm going to try to be better, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment