Monday, February 13, 2012

So close...

So, last week ended up being a hell of a lot crazier than it should've been.  I can't even remember what I did on Monday night, but Tuesday I ended up at a car dealership until almost 8 pm, and I unexpectedly drove home a shiny new car that night.  Totally spur of the moment; my lease wasn't up until September but thanks to some crazy deals I got the updated version of my car with some fun new features and I'm paying $20 less per month.  Crazy, right??  Anyway, then Wednesday I had to head back to the car dealership after work to pick up my garage door opener I'd left behind in the old car (dooops) and drop off my old spare key, and Thursday I hosted the girly night...so basically, what I'm trying to say is that writing was on the backburner last week.  Until Friday, when I thankfully took a mental health day and was able to plug away at the WIP a bit.  I also managed to squeeze in some time on Sunday, so when all was said and done, the week was not a total wash:

Total Words Written: 2,385
Total Hours Spent Writing: 2.5 hours
Total Word Count Overall: 70,872

That's not so bad, huh?  I mean, I know I've been consistently under the 3,000 word mark, but eh.  I'm still happy with how the story is progressing.

That being said, I'm actually allllllllmost done.  I think there will be two, maybe three, more chapters to go and then the rough, rough first draft will be complete.  I already know the revision process is going to be a beast and a half on this one.  I flat out hate the beginning (again) and I really want to add a bit more "oomph" to certain spots.  I've been revising a bit here and there as I go, mainly because I think of things, write them down, and just want to get them added before I get ahead of myself.  So anyway, at this rate, now I'm thinking it might end up just under 80,000 words.  Which is sort of funny, because originally I thought it would go on longer. 

Just goes to show that the story is in control, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment