Monday, February 20, 2012

(insert sad trombone)

I don't have much to report this week writing-wise.  Last week was another insanely busy week, and I only managed to get just around 600 words down, bringing my total word count to just over 71k.  BUT (yes, this is a big BUT), the good news is I'm pretty sure those 600 words were my second-to-last chapter (yes, a very short chapter).  So that means all I have left to write is the last chapter!  And I think that's part of why I'm okay with the fact that I didn't get to write much this weekend.  Cuz a couple more hourly sessions and the story should be finished! 

Well, the rough, ugly first draft anyway.

So I've been toying with some ideas for this last chapter.  Well, there may be one more little short one after it, but all the closure will happen in this one.  The story switches viewpoints throughout, so I'm thinking maybe the final chapter will be told from each viewpoint, instead of just Riley or Ella's.  It's going to be pretty fast-paced; meaning all the shit is going to hit the fan pretty quickly. I just need to wrap my head around how it's all going to go down.  Of course, I probably won't actually know til I sit down to write it.  Cuz that's how I seem to roll.  I can plan where the story is going, but ultimately I don't really know til I start typing away. 

I'm excited to finish this one, though. I think it's really got some potential, if I can clean it up and tighten it up and stuff.  Ah, revisions.  How I'm both dreading and looking forward to you at the same time.

In other news, holy crap you guys, it's already like, the end of February!  I can almost smell the fresh spring air and see the flowers bursting out of the ground.  Spring seems like an appropriate time to work on revisions, doesn't it?  The world is waking up, being reborn into something beautiful, and hopefully my story will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment