Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekly Word Count

As promised, here's my word count for the WIP last week:

Total Words Written: 2,822
Total Hours Spent Writing: 4.75
Total Word Count Overall: 14,524

I'm thinking I'll start setting word count goals for the week, too...just to give me something to strive for. This sounds good in theory, and I know a lot of writers do this, probably HAVE to do this, and I should as well...I think I'm just worried it'll end up stressing me out if I don't meet my goal. But then again, not taking time to write in general stresses me out too! One big ball of stress over here, that's me.

Alright so, we'll give it a whirl, and keep it small this time. I'll say my word count goal for this week will be 3,000. I know that's actually higher than the total amount I wrote last week, but since I don't have a lot of plans this week I'm thinking it should be possible to squeeze in more time to write. We'll see!

What kind of goals do you like to set for yourself, if any?

No comments:

Post a Comment