Monday, August 22, 2011

On A Roll

I'm feeling mighty proud about my accomplishment this week:

Total Words Written: 3,135
Total Hours Spent Writing: 4.5
Total Word Count Overall: 21,023

If you remember from last week, my goal was only 2,000 words. I guess it just goes to show that when I put my mind to it, anything is possible. I was determined to hit the 3K mark again even though I knew I had a crazy week ahead. It feels so, so good to be sitting down weekly to write, even in the midst of a hectic work week and busy social calendar. I feel like I'm finally learning how to make my writing more of a priority. Which is fantastic, because it's extremely important to me and there's not much else I'd rather be doing (other than reading, of course). Oh, to be able to sit and write day in day out!! It's like a far off fantasy...but maybe, just maybe, one day it could become reality.

I also got my first round of feedback from my loyal readers (well, almost all of them, anyway) and the response so far has been good. I got comments like "it's so much better than your first one" (which, you'd think might hurt a little, but in all honestly I know deep down that this one IS better), and "I can't wait to read more!" These are amazing comments to get on a crappy first draft, trust me. And I don't think they're giving me false encouragement. If something wasn't working in the story, I can trust them to let me know. They know they won't hurt my feelings- I am well aware that criticism is utterly necessary and I totally welcome it! Provided it's constructive, of course. Anyway, so thanks to Karyn and Debbie for providing me with some feedback last week! You guys know how much I appreciate it.

Well, another busy week and weekend lie ahead. Should I aim lower or higher? Hmmm...As to not stress myself out unnecessarily, I think I'll stick with the 2,000 words goal one more time. If I surprise myself and surpass 3,000 yet again, I think it'll be pretty clear that I should aim for 3,000 every week. It's clearly not that difficult for me to accomplish it, and it's the pace I'd like to keep going at regardless. If I do keep it up, it's totally possible for me to have the first draft completed by Christmas. How cool would that be??

1 comment:

  1. So excited about this new story!! I'm lovin' it already - can't wait to see what happens next! :)

    ReplyDelete