Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, I've thoroughly enjoyed my nice week off from work. I actually can't believe it's already coming to an end, but it is what it is. I had a wonderful holiday this year as usual; my family generally spoils each other and this year was no exception. I have SO MANY books to read, you guys. I think I got around 12 books. Maybe more. This is perfect for the hibernation season that is upon us now. January and February are such awful months. I avoid leaving the house at all costs as much as possible. Staying snuggled up on the couch under cats and blankets with a pile of books, some snacks, and some hot tea (or wine, as the case may be) is the perfect way to get through the miserable winter months.

Anyway, it being New Year's Eve and all, I thought I would share some resolutions. Of course, I very rarely keep them, so I very rarely bother to make them. But I'm really hoping that my dream comes true in 2011. The dream of someone telling me they like what I wrote and they want to help me get it published. So obviously, this is my main goal for the year. If all else fails, and I don't get any bites on my manuscript, then I vow to start another, better book and keep going at it. I have plenty of ideas in my head to keep plugging away writing for a looooong time. Someday, I will make it happen. But for now, my fingers are staying crossed for 2011being my year.

My other resolutions are the same as always- work out more, stop spending so much money I don't have (this will probably never happen, but at least I can say I'm making an effort...sorta), stop worrying about the small things so much. Try to appreciate all that I have, which quite honestly is a damn lot. Cherish my friends and family, never take anyone for granted.

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a fabulous 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment