Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Up All Night

Cuz we're all right
We're up all night
To see the sun come up again now...

Dan and I went to see one of our favorite bands at the Grog Shop last night- Unwritten Law, and my ears are still ringing, eight hours later.  We actually danced our first dance at our wedding to one of their songs- a pretty, slowed-down piano version of "The Rest of My Life".  They did not play that song last night, but then, I wasn't really expecting them to.

The show reminded me of my old days of going to see bands play, sometimes a couple times a month.  I used to LOVE going to the old Grog Shop back in the days before it moved- even though the bathrooms there were thoroughly disgusting and the doll heads hanging from the ceiling always freaked me out.  There's just nothing like seeing a band you admire up close and personal in a small club.  And UL totally rocked it last night, regardless of the fact that I'm pretty certain they were all wa-hay-sted by the time they took the stage (which was around 9:30). 

Is it totally sad that I was almost weeping with joy when we found out they were playing 3rd and not 4th out of 4 bands?  The fact that I was SO HAPPY that I'd be home before one am on a school night might be just a little depressing.  But hey, I'm not 21 anymore.  I cannot stay up all night when I have to be at work at 7:30.  Just the way it is.  Meh.

I'll leave you with a few pretty lyrics from our wedding song, even though they did not play it last night.  It was still a great show.

I know, I'm so slow
But I'm tryin'
And I'm still dyin' to know
Say you won't leave for the rest of my life

(photo by Dan)


No comments:

Post a Comment