Monday, November 19, 2012

Progress!

Oh hey, how are you?  I know, it's been a couple weeks since I've been here.  Sorry.  I've been busy, you know, kicking some major ass on the WIP instead.

No, really! After I realized I'd need to write at least 1000 words every day in order to reach 40k by the end of November, it sort of kicked me in the head and got me going.  While I'm still not certain I'll be able to truly reach my goal, I can proudly say I'm giving it pretty much everything I've got.   I'm happy to report that I'm already close to 27,000 words, which means I've only got about 13,000 more to go in 12 days.  I'm pretty sure that means I've cranked out at least 10,000 words since I set this goal for myself. Yay, me.

Writing 1000 words takes me about an hour, give or take.  Now, some days I don't have an hour to crack open the laptop and write, and therein lies the dilemma.  So, I'm trying to write even more than 1000 words when I do have time to sit down and write.  It's actually been somewhat easy to do that.  I'm not sure if the way I'm writing this one is making it easier; I mentioned before that I'm not following a strict timeline, just writing snippets of certain times in the characters' lives and then going back to the present.  I think I might end up putting the snippets all together so it's a consecutive story, instead of all the back and forth stuff, but I'll first throw it out to my readers as is and see what they think.

So that's helping, but what's also helping is the fact that I just sort of love this story.  It's spooky, it's sappy, it's fun, and it's also sorta heartwarming.  What would you do to bring the love of your life back to you? 

I've also been considering looking into some freelance writing jobs.  I could use the extra cash, and I might as well get it by doing something I love.  I just have no idea where to begin looking or how to get started, so research will be involved.  Sigh.

Anyway, Black Friday for me will be spent not getting trampled in stores, but holed up in my house with my laptop on my couch.  I declare it Writing Day and I hope to bust out like 5000 words that day.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment