Friday, March 25, 2011

Tomorrow!

I'm super psyched for my first ever writer's conference at Lakeland Community College tomorrow! Not so excited to be up at the buttcrack of dawn on a Saturday, but it'll hopefully be worth it. I've always wanted to go to one of these, and probably should've gone to one a long time ago. Now that In My Mind's Eye is done I figure there's no time like the present. My awesome seeester in law, also in the midst of writing a book, is going to come along with me. I'll do a recap of the conference next week.

Last night was one of those nights when my mind would NOT allow me to go to sleep. I have all these ideas for my new book- I think I've actually come up with a storyline and conflict that will work. I've already started writing it with just a teeny blip of a concept for it, but now I think I know where it will go. I wish it hadn't been at 12:30 last night when I was lying in bed attempting to sleep, but eh. Considering I barely slept at all, I pretty much remember everything I was thinking about/writing in my head. I'm hoping to get some of that down ASAP. It's tentatively titled Here & Then, and I think it has potential to be pretty cool. But of course I'm going to say that...so we'll see! All I know is I'm so over the revision process right now, and I'm more than ready to start writing something fresh.

Anyway...happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment