Wednesday, May 11, 2011

all is quiet

Been quiet over here on the blog front for a while...guess that's because it's been quiet on the query front as well. And I've been pretty busy socially lately again- I don't have a single free weekend in May. This also means I haven't had a chance to sit and pound out more of my WIP, which, quite frankly, blows. I think about it all the time and make myself little notes constantly of these thoughts so I don't forget them, but actually sitting for a few hours to just WRITE hasn't happened in what feels like forever.

So, since I'm clearly not writing very much right now (frowny face), here's what's going on in my ever-so-exciting life:

*I've started working out again, slowly but surely. So far it's only been once a week, but I'm hoping to get it back up to 2 or 3 times. I always feel better when I'm working out, but it's just been out of my "routine" for so long now (yea, since October when I took my last ballet class) that it's hard to get back into the swing of it.

*My momma officially retired a couple weeks ago. That seems sooo strange to me. I mean, I'm so happy for her and I know she's going to LOVE being retired, but it's just weird for me to think I have parents at retirement age. We're taking her out on the town on the 21st to celebrate; dinner at the Chophouse downtown. NOM.

*This weekend is the big girly winery trip that we planned what feels like forever ago. I am SO EXCITED to get away with some of my nearest & dearest friends! I know we're going to have a blast...I just hope the weather cooperates. This has been the worst spring ever, and so far it's supposed to be about 62 degrees and rain all weekend. Boooooo.

*Speaking of girly events, tomorrow I'm hosting the TVD girly night at my house for the first time. We're missing a core person tomorrow though, and that makes me have a sad. Karyn will be there in spirit though, as she's dancing away at the Usher concert. Don't worry Karyn, we'll have a group *drink!* for ya too!

Welp, that's it for now. I'm off work on Friday (hooray!) so after I do some running around I'm reallllly hoping to sit down and have time in the afternoon to write & send out a few more submissions. At least one or the other will definitely happen.

1 comment:

  1. I will miss you girls tomorrow night! It will feel weird to not be with you :( Definitely *drink* for me! I will be there in spirit and will be texting all of you at 1:00 am as I watch the show when I get home!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete